Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A few milestones....

First up Carter....

I have been meaning to post this for a few months but since I couldn't post a video of him I have just been putting it off. Carter learned his phone number at the age of 3 and 2 months. I put his age up there because I think it's pretty impressive. I have him on video saying his phone number but since this blog is not private I thought it best not to share....though I really did think twice about posting the video. He really does say his number cute. They funniest part is when he says our area code. Instead of saying five-zero-five he says five-ero-five. Though the poor kid after knowing that phone number for two months the state of New Mexico is finally large enough to have two area codes and sure enough we are the ones to change. He is not sure he likes the new area code.

Today he had his first real sharing/thoughtful moment. I mean he has had plenty of these before but...well...let me set the scene for you.

I was outside talking to my friend and the boys were riding their bikes and scooters with their friends. Carter heads to the house and says he is going inside. About 5 minutes later he comes outside carrying 6 of these yogurt drinks. He had them all opened with straws in them. He walked right out of the house and started handing them to all his friends. As each little kid said thank you Carter said your welcome with the biggest smile. I couldn't have been more proud of my little boy. Though tonight when he asked for a drink I told him he had to drink water because he gave all his drinks to his friends. And you know what he didn't even argue or fuss. I think he grew up just a little to much today.

Bryson on the other hand hit a huge milestone today, actually yesterday. Bryson learned how to tie. He was getting dressed for soccer practice and his pants had a tie on them. He picked up the strings and right in front of my eyes he tied it into a bow. I asked him to untie the bow and do it again while I took a few photos.





He is learning new things everyday.

3 comments:

Susannah said...

Hurray for Bryson. It's great when you can tie your own things.

Lindsey said...

Good job Bryson! The boys are really growing up!
Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Wow that's awesome of Bryson! I'm so proud of Carter too! That was so selfless! You have two very special boys!! Handsome too!

xo

sjt