Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Nemo has a mom??

A brief recap for those who have never seen the movie Nemo....Nemo's mother dies in the first 10 minutes of the movie. She is eaten by a barracuda protecting her eggs.

Now to the story:


I was sitting here in the living room yesterday when Bryson comes running in telling me that Nemo has a mom and how he has never seen her before. He went on about how Nemo's mom dies in the movie. He then says "mom did you know that Nemo had a mom?" The first thing that popped into my head was oh shoot, or another choice word. Then i told him that i don't like when Nemo's mom dies so i had always skipped ahead and that i forgot this one time.

I have never really understood why in some Disney movies the mother dies. Why is that? The two that jump to mind are Nemo and Bambi. So i have never liked the first part of Nemo and have always skipped to the safe part. Bryson fell in love with Nemo when he was about 15 months old. That was his favorite movie and he would watch it over and over, and I really didn't want him seeing Nemo's mother die over and over. I think that is why its so funny for me, Bryson is 5 years old and after having watched this movie for almost 4 years, he finally saw Nemo's mother and her brief appearance in the movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol!! I remember when yall were down in Alamo how you ALWAYS skipped the first scene. That's hilarious. Bryson's so smart. What's his bird's status in class? Did he have to sit up front with his teacher?