Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

Beach time...

We went to the beach yesterday. Our friends rented a beach house for the week in Wilmington and we though we would go down and visit for the day. I have mentioned Terra and her husband Mike on here before and the other couple was Shanna and her husband Chris. Chris and Mike just got back from a four month deployment so this is their vacation.

We were so excited to get down there that I got a speeding ticket. It was a bad one with a mandatory court date. Joe is going to see if I can get a lawyer and just pay the court fees but we are not sure that will happen. I will keep you all up to date on my run in with the law.

Don't worry it didn't ruin our day. I was upset but knew that it was my fault so no need to let it ruin our fun outing. Once we got there we went straight to the beach house to say hi for a few minutes and then headed right to the beach. It was just a short walk down the street, very convient. I of course had to take lots of pictures of the kids in front of the ocean. They turned out wonderful!

After the pictures we walked back up to the beach house and changed into our swimsuits and by then the rest of the group was ready to head to the water with us. I didn't take my camera back to get pictures of all of us playing. After some great advice from my father I didn't want to get sand in my camera, so I left it safely in the car.

We had so much fun playing in the ocean and riding the waves that I flashed Terra and her son. Oops! I tightened up my suit and problem solved. Joe and the rest of the guys had fun playing on the body board and trying to boogie on it. The boys had a blast digging for little crabs in the sand, they said at one point they had over 40.

We had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants....McAlister's. I love that place. I had a grilled chicken sandwich with a fruit cup. Joe had a meatball sandwich. Carter had Mac and Cheese and Bryson had a turkey and cheese sandwich. We also had the chips and queso basket and took home four huge chocolate chip cookies. Joe even bought me a gallon of their sweet tea. My mouth waters just thinking about McAlister's. I wrote a blog about McAlister's on my myspace when I first moved here to North Carolina. I will post it tomorrow on how I fell head over hills with McAlister's. Once dinner was over we drug our bellies to the car and headed home.

When we got home Joe informed me that I didn't do a very good job lathering on the sunblock. Apparently there were finger/hand marks on his back were I had missed rubbing the sunblock in. His back looks very spotted. I am just a little red on my shoulders and the kids are nice and tanned(they were well lathered up).

We had a great time and I will share some photos soon. As you can see the very top photo is new and one I took yesterday.

If I haven't said it before I will say it again....I love my camera!!

2 comments:

Steven Montoya said...

I love your new picture-black and white!
Linz

johnandvic said...

I love the new picture of the boys in black and white... You still haven't told me what kinda camera you have.. Also I love how clear all the pictures you taken with the new camera. Oh.... I fell in love with McAlister's when we moved here to GA.. We have one at our mall and when we 1st moved here and I went.. Well the rest is history.. I ate there 3 times a week for a LONG time :) I just love the sewwt tea from there.. Oh no I'm talking about it now I will have to make a trip tomorrow while I'm in town :)