Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

My last OB appointment

Today September 30th (5 days past due) was my last OB appointment. I saw a different doctor today and lets hope I don't see him on delivery day. I did have him check me and I was at 3 centimeters and he did try to strip my membranes. He said he wasn't sure how well he did....so, not sure what that means but he did tell me to walk a lot. He said that my induction would be for October 5th. That's 5 days away.....that is going to feel like 5 weeks. I am 5 days past my due date, I don't want to wait another 5 days. I am mentally done being pregnant now. I was pretty sad walking out of the appointment. I did ask to have a non-stress test to make sure everything was fine with our little girl. The tech was so nice and she asked if I could feel the contractions I was having. I told her yes I could that they had been happening for a few hours. She said they were coming every 2-3 minutes but needed to be stronger. She gave me quite a bit of a mood lifter. She also told me the doctor I just saw was on call on the 5th and I don't want him to deliver me. She then went on to tell me the doctors on call for the next 5 days. She was awesome. I did realize that the doctor that is on call tonight is the doctor that delivered baby Alannah just last month. If I can get my contractions more painful maybe, just maybe I could have this baby tonight/tomorrow. After I left the non-stress test. I walked the ramp in the hospital for a good hour then came home put Chase in the stroller and walked the hills in the neighborhood until I was tired. I have had contractions all afternoon and now into the evening. Here's to hoping I go into labor tonight.

No comments: