Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

What a fun day.

The day started off being able to see Joe via SKYPE. Its a free program that you can download and chat via web cam all for free. It's amazing and also the first time we have seen him in a month. The boys had so much fun giggling and making faces at daddy and Joe even made a few faces at them as well. I had my hair cut and colored on Friday and he was even able to see that. It was awesome.

The connection was not that great and our call kept being dropped and then we would have to start all over but for at least 10 minutes it felt like he was right here with us.

Then at 12 I was able to spend five hours away from the boys. My friend, her husband and two kids took the boys bowling and to the park. What is even more special is that her husband is Joe's boss. How many bosses do you know that would take your kids for five hours just because your husband is deployed. It was so special and needed and they will never know just how much.

Though as we speak the kids are writing thank you notes because they had so much fun. I asked them if they had a good time away from me and Bryson says "yeah we did so you wouldn't get mad and yell at us." See, it was definitely needed. They talked about strikes and spares while bowling and then told me stories of their playing at the park.

My friend also made the boys Daddy dolls. They are dolls/pillows that have Joe's picture on the front of them. They grabbed their dolls and jumped into bed, Bryson said that the dolls were so special. Then Carter says "I like Mrs. Felicia she is so pretty."



I am really glad they had a blast and am so thankful for this wonderful family to offer us a break from each other.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Daddy dolls, that is such a neat idea!!!
I will try to set up skipe later today. Going to church this am...can't wait to talk to the boys!!

d.a.r. said...

What a fun day!!! I'm so glad you guys have that ability to let the kiddos see their dad!

johnandvic said...

love those dolls I wish I knew someone here that could make one for the boys...

Lindsey said...

That post brought tears to my eyes. I am speachless-What a special day.

Sharmin said...

I stumbled across your blog on the BlogHer list...actually, it jumped out at me because my maiden name was Hudson.

You have a beautiful family, thank your husband for his service in the military. My prayers are with all our troops. Best wishes with the newest addition.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome that you and the boys got to see Joe. I can only imagine how tough this is on you, but please know my thoughts, prayers, and good wishes are always with you! If I was closer, it'd be a little easier!