Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

We are moving

We don't have our official orders yet but we found out last week that we will indeed be moving.

We are so excited. Though very nervous at the same time. We are moving overseas. We have a report date of July 31st. For those of you doing the math that means not only did I just have a baby by myself but that I will be preparing and moving the household by myself. Joe will get back and turn around to out process. He is trying to of course leave early but no such luck yet. Though the way luck should have it he will probably get back and we will be in New Mexico visiting family.

We werent expecting to move until next year. So far North Carolina is the longest we have lived anywhere. In July we will have lived here 2 years and 7 months. Before that was in Phoenix, Arizona for a total of 2 years 2 months. I am thankful we are moving as I was already dreading the next year. Not because I don't like it here, I love it here and I love the friends I have. Its just I get antsy and ready to explore more of the world. That is why I just can't wait until July. I know the time will go by fast as there are so many things I have to do: Passports, three different furniture moves, medical and other clearances, we also have to sell all three of our cars as you can't take ours over there. Like I said I know the time is going to fly by.

The boys were sad that we had to cancel our beach trip but once I told them we were going to be living at the beach they quickly perked up. Though they are still sad that we had to cancel our Disney world trip in December. They love spending Christmas at Disney world and were so looking forward to it again, but we will just have to do something special this year at our new base.

So the question is....Where are we going?

Are you ready for it??

We are moving to Kadena Air Base in Japan. Kadena is on the main Okinawa Island. The boys can't believe all the beaches. The island is 67 miles long and between 2-17 miles wide.

I will finally have my beach baby, actually I might have two surfer boys also. At least I know Bryson will be loving his boggie board.

7 comments:

Jaime G. said...

lucky! (well not so lucky to do all the moving yourself but we would love to get stationed in japan!) darn it! being enlisted sort of bites, we never move.

Erin said...

Exciting news! I have heard wonderful things about Okinawa!!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

AWESOME! Kadena was our first choice when we moved here. You will love the overseas spouse community. Everyone is close. And the weather in Kadena. Oh, that will be nice. Yeah!

Anonymous said...

That's crazy!! You have had such a busy year!! And its only April! Hang in there.

Talk to u soon.

SS

hope mom has a safe flight back tomorrow.

New Girl on Post said...

How exciting! I cannot wait to hear of your adventures when you move.

Michelle said...

I am so in awe of you doing all of this by yourself - having the baby and having 2 other little boys at home; and now getting ready for a PCS by yourself?! You amaze me! I would be beyond the breaking point by now! Have you had any family able to help you out at all?

I'm surprised is RNLTD for Kadena is so close to his return from deployment. I thought there was supposed to be a certain amount of time before they were supposed to have orders, or supposed to have a few months after getting back before PCSing? That seems to be cutting it really close with him getting back in July and reporting to Kadena in July - that leaves no time for the 'family reintegration' period they are supposed to be encouraging. I hope he can get home earlier! If not, at least this is May and there are only 2 months left!

Anonymous said...

Great information! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while now. Thanks!